Below you will find a collection of podcasts, articles, books, workshops and other resources. Everything on this page, I have personally read, attended and / or listened.
I would love your recommendations or be interested in connecting to continue a conversation on any of these.
I will continue to update this page.
- Seeing White :: John Biewen, along with an array of leading scholars + regular guest Dr. Chenjerai Kumanyika, tells stories exploring human experience and American society in this 14 part documentary series, released between February and August 2017
- BLVCK STORY :: Series highlighting Black stories that have been forgotten, unheard of, and left out of the pages of history.
- Black Wall Street :: A podcast chronicling history and events before, during and after the Tulsa Race Massacre.
- Brené Brown’s Unlocking Us with Austin Channing Brown on I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness
- Change Cadet :: Episode 18 – For White Women
- Fit and Fierce on the Mic’s Taking Action for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism in the Fitness Industry
- ANTIRACIST BABY by Ibram X. Kendi
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History by Vashti Harrison
- Beautiful Skin by Colleen Thomas
- Brown Boy Joy by Thomishia Booker
Workshops & Discussions
- Addressing Race in Boutique Fitness via Boutique Fitness Solutions
- There’s a Diversity Problem in Wellness via Well+Good
- A Conscious Discussion Around Race Relations for Yoga Teachers w/ Felice Laverne & Katie Brauer
- Where Do We Go From Here? (A Conversation Led by Oprah)
- Why Wellness Professionals Need to Be Part of the Conversation About Racism by Chrissy King
- How to Create an Inclusive Environment In the Wellness Space by Chrissy King
- How Race Matters: What We Can Learn From Mental Health America’s Screening In 2020 from Mental Health America
- Expert Q&A: Nicola Finley, MD–The Wellness Disconnect for Black Communities from Global Wellness Institute
- Inclusivity & High Performance Begins with Psychological Safety by Michael D. Thomas
- Addressing Racism in the Fitness Industry Requires Understanding its Roots by Rodney J. Morris
- Why Wellness and Meditation Apps Need More Diverse Voices (Literally) by Kells McPhillips
Newsletters & Programs
- The Ally Nudge Text :: For one month, this program will help you continue doing the work to be an ally to the Black community, all via text.
- Nicole Cardoza‘s Anti Racism Daily Newsletter
- Monique Melton – anti-racism educator, published author, international speaker, and host of the Shine Brighter Together podcast