Happy first day of spring!
I made this two years ago for Easter, and it was a huge hit.
Let’s cut right to the chase, and get to what you need, and what you need to do with the goods, once you’ve got them. This was a bit of mashup of a few different recipes I found.
- 1 box of Vanilla Chex
- 1/2 bag, bag was 12 oz., of mini pretzels
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 12 ounce bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Cadbury mini eggs (I stick to Milk Chocolate, but you could use Dark if you’re into that)
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- A lot of powdered sugar (don’t hold back, boo)
- Festive sprinkles, optional (if you’re extra, like me)
NOW, LETS GET TO IT
- Put Chex and pretzels in a bowl. I used a 4 gallon glass bowl and it was a little too small so I ended up putting some of it in another bowl (for mixing purposes)
- Put butter, chocolate and peanut butter in bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Repeat until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Pour the melted mixture on pretzels and Chex. Mix gently.
- After the pretzels and Chex are covered. Start adding in the powdered sugar. I found it worked well to put a lid on the bowl and shake it. You want all of the pretzels and Chex to be covered in the sugar.
- I know some people put in large Ziploc bags (or even a trash bag – but make sure it’s not a scented one)
- After that, I added the bag of Cadbury mini eggs and some pastel sprinkles (no real purpose except to be festive)
That’s it. That’s the post. You didn’t need to read a story about that Easter, this year’s Easter or any other Easter for that matter 😉