This post, along with how I imagine most others will end up being, will be a little bit of everything. Hopefully it won’t be too all over the place, but that’s essentially how my brain (and my life) seem to work. Enjoy! Also, I had every intention of finishing this last night and posting it yesterday, but that clearly did not happen. Anyways, here we go…
Dono&Dono Baby Playtime Pillow – Braylon isn’t a huge fan of being flat on his back. He had been doing pretty well being on his back when he was playing on his Little Sport Star All Star Gym, but figured I would give this pillow a try. Not sure if I can give all the credit to the pillow, but he definitely seems to be lasting longer and enjoying himself more. Love that the pillow is machine wash friendly. I’ll never understand when things like athletic wear or something involving children do not scream convenience.
Here’s the little guy in action:
Swedish Fish Mini Tropical – I really really like Swedish Fish. Always have. Always will. Randall had sent me a screenshot of the tropical version and I knew I HAD to get my hands on them. Luckily, before I knew it the grocery store that I frequent got them in, so I didn’t have to do too much hunting. I just looked them online and a number of websites are sold out out of them. The flavors are Pina Colada, Tropical Island, Beachy Punch, and Passion Fruit. Helloooo, summer!
Donut Ice Cream Sandwich at KNEAD Doughnuts – It’s no question that I love donuts. It’s also no question that I love ice cream. When the two have the opportunity to meet, something magical can happen, especially if both the doughnuts and ice cream are exceptional. Sometimes, when there’s “mashups” one of the products will be mediocre and man, what a let down. However, the doughnut from KNEAD and ice cream from Warwick Ice Cream was a match made in my sweet tooth heaven.
Speaking of ice cream, I haven’t been there yet, but every Friday until August 31st, Wright’s Dairy Farm & Bakery has a Pop Up Scoop Shop from 3pm-7pm. This is from the Facebook Event page:
“Cone or Cup? Whipped Cream or Hot fudge? Join us for 14 weeks of delicious (from scratch), farmstead ice cream! Each week we’ll have chocolate and vanilla, 2 rotating flavors, a featured sundae, and a whole lot of toppings! Follow us on Instagram, for the reveal of the Special flavors and Sundae each week!”
The Cookie Rookie’s S’mores Cookies – My Mom was in town earlier this week for a few days and she made the S’Mores Cookies from The Cookie Rookie and they were SO good. They seemed pretty easy to make, but hey, my only job was eating them. The main “hack” here is that the recipe suggests using pre-made refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. The hardest part looked like crumbling the graham crackers and if you really wanted to, I’m pretty sure stores sell it that way.
Peapod Grocery Delivery – My Mom recently ordered us some deliveries from Peapod. I always thought why would I need someone to bring groceries to my house when I can just go down the road and get them myself? Then, I had Braylon and I more than understood it. A lot of the time I dread going to the grocery store. Mainly, because no matter how hard I try, I just never go in with a solid plan. More often times than not, I’m hungry when I go, which is a huge no no. We had another delivery since the first one my Mom had placed for us….I love it! They offer $20 off your first order of $75 (I can’t make out of the grocery store spending less than this anyways!) or more and the first 60 days delivery is free. You just need to enter 60DAYSFREE in the promotional code box at checkout.
Hello Fresh – My friend, Mary, introduced me to Hello Fresh a few months back. I had been seeing a handful of different meal kit delivery companies and had been wanting to try one so took her recommendation on this one. Plus, Hello Fresh provides their customers with the option to gift three free meals to friends. Who doesn’t love free?! Speaking of, if you’re interested in receiving your first week free (3 meals for 2 people) let me know. No gimmicks or anything like that. You just need to remember to either skip the next week if you don’t want that particular one or just cancel altogether. I had been ordering pretty consistently, but depending on what I have going on that week I do end up skipping sometimes. Some of them require a bit more prep work than others. The great part about that is you can preview the ingredients and recipes prior to placing your order. They also provide you with additional insight on each kit that could most definitely ensure that the meals that you are ordering are the best fit for you!
Hungryroot – Years back, before they expanded, I had tried a few things from Hungryroot. Since then, they’ve grown and have a lot more options.
All of this came in the box…
It normally would have cost $99, but it was half off. All of this made:
- Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili: 2 servings
- While I would prefer to just make my own chili, the flavor on this was pretty good.
- Kale Salad Guac Burger: 2 servings
- While there was enough for two servings, I could have eaten all of the salad with my burger rather than splitting the salad between the two burgers. Loved the flavors and haven’t had a veggie burger quite like this before — it was great though!
- Creamy Corn Cauliflower Risotto: 2 servings
- This was pretty good. I had some one night (with something else) and then the rest of it the next day for lunch.
- Crispy Coconut Breakfast Hash: 2 servings
- My Mom was in town during this one so we split it. We both liked the flavor. She cooked the sweet potatoes a little longer than suggested and utilized more than 4 tablespoons of the curry. They give you much more than 4 tablespoons and 4 tablespoons would be like nothing. Still can’t figure this out.
- Kale Pesto Beet Noodles: 2 servings
- This was meant to be a side dish. I did split this one up. I used ALL of the pesto sauce…homegirl is not on board with this only 4 tablespoons madness. Sometimes I struggle with eating beats so having a strong flavor like pesto to mask it a bit was perfect for me.
- Spicy Tofu Quinoa Bowl: 2 servings
- There was enough tofu for two servings, but not enough quinoa, so either I was missing something or the portion of quinoa was supposed to be really really small. I did really like this though. The tofu had a great flavor and consistency. You didn’t need to cook anything — just mix the tofu into the quinoa bowl and voila!
- Pad Thai Fried Rice: 2 servings
- I ate this all in one serving. If I was going to split it up, I feel like I would have needed to add additional vegetables or meat to it.
- Sweet Potato Mac’n Cheese: 2 servings
- While I enjoyed this dish, calling it mac n cheese is an incredible stretch if you ask me. I like to think of myself as a mac n cheese connoisseur and that does not mean that I discriminate against a vegan version or a version that does not utilize pasta. The cashew cheese had minimal flavor even when I added more than than the recommended 4 tablespoons. I love sweet potatoes, but you really can’t put cubed sweet potatoes in a dish that you are calling mac n cheese to give me my fix. Don’t get me wrong, I did eat it, but just think it should be called something else — cheesy sweet potatoes?
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- I ate these in the car one day. They were pretty good. I’ve had something similar to them before for sure.
- Almond Chickpea Cookie Dough
- I haven’t tried this cooked yet, but straight out of the container I was pretty surprised with how tasty this was. Will definitely need to throw some in the oven to give it the true test.
All in all, I liked what came in the box. There are two different options as far as the quantities that you receive and you do have the option to select exactly what you want. All of the goodies come with a little book that has all of the recipes for the month – even the ones that you didn’t get in your order. Everything was extremely easy to make, which I REALLY enjoyed. These days I seem to have less and less time so anything that’s quick AND tasty is a win in my book! I’m on the fence as to whether or not I will order again. $49 was a steal that I couldn’t pass up! Based off of the portions, I would think if a couple is sharing all of the things they would definitely be adding some additional ingredients or other menu items to their meals 😉
I want to hear from YOU! Products I need to try? Places I should go? Any and everything you name it!